Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blood sugar levels and a new Diabetic division

I have Carlos check his blood sugar before every workout. Then again after the workout. We will be training longer and harder now and I will have him check it during.
 Interesting, three months ago I had Carlos in just "survival" mode for the completion of Nautica Malibu Triathlon. That's changing. Things change when you "continue" to make positive improvements in your lifestyle. Eating right, exercising, rest and recovery. It is a simple equation. But you have to do it.
   I am going to suggest to my Race Director friends the thought of adding a new division category: Diabetic.  Watch some diabetics kick diabetes in the ass. Along with kicking non diabetics in that spot too. My good friend Bill Carlson has been doing just that for over 25 years. Ironman distance triathlons, ultra(100 miles) distance running, and he has been dabbling pretty seriously in bicycle road racing the past few years. In typical BC fashion: Hard and fast................ Carrying his insulin along the whole way.



No comments:

Post a Comment