Thursday, May 31, 2012

Carlos Solis

Rock Star. That in my book is what Carlos Solis is. I train him just like I do any other athlete: To help them obtain their highest level of fitness they personally can. I emphasize personally. We are all different. What works for one individual could be a waste of time for another. Or worse: Damaging. Carlos is improving like there is no tomorrow. Dropped 50 lbs. Blood sugar coming under control. Joints, muscles adapting to the stresses his body experiences from training.
   Google his name along with CNN and you may think he is a movie star. They seem to interview and film him more than the other 6 CNN FitNation athletes. If you met him you would know why. He is one of the most selfless and kind human beings there are. Today he broke into tears halfway through our training ride. I could see him getting emotional as he spoke of his ailing brother. I was already aware of those unfortunate circumstances.. But when Carlos told me he would know tomorrow whether or not he was was a positive candidate as a kidney donor (he didn't need to tell me it could save his life) Carlos Solis raised the bar even higher. And it was already pretty high.



No comments:

Post a Comment