Saturday, May 12, 2012

Los Angeles Tri Series # 2

Great time had today. The TriEvents Crew put on another epic production. With ITU Worlds Cross triathlon in Alabama next weekend a non wetsuit  swim, I chose to go no wetsuit today for a little prep.. I learned I still swim real lousy without the use of my buoyant flotation devise of a wetsuit. I am estimating that less than 10% did not wear a wetsuit. The result splits are up and I was 37th out of the water. Jodi wore a wetsuit and was 10th out of the H2O. When working out in the pool we are typically the same pace. I felt as though my feet were dragging on the lakes bottom this morning. Sinking like a rock. And next weeks race is one mile swim. No wetsuits allowed. Uh oh.
                      I did lay down the fastest bike split entering T2 with a handful of athletes. I then ran my fastest 5K on that course by 15 seconds to take the overall win. Cool.
                      Even cooler is Jodi rocked the bike and then rocked the run with  hungry and much younger racers  on her heels the whole way as well. Two 50+ athletes winning the Los Angeles Tri Series Express today. The race director noted that was a first for a husband/wife to both win the overall in the same race in 28 years. That is even cooler still.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment