Friday, January 6, 2012

United States Triathlon Team

Cool. I guess. Kinda. But I don't really weigh into it much. The 2011 Divisional age group Team All American list has been sent out and my name is on there. They claim the top 2% in the country qualify for Team All American status so guess I did something right. Will I race at the U.S. Nationals or Worlds Age Group Championships in 2012? Nope. Not on the road anyway. But a World Championship competition sounds for whatever reason better in 2012 than it did in 2011. And since we train 90% off road......
My personal focus will be Xterra. The down and dirty off road and pretty gnarley big boy competition. And if I qualify for World Championships it's held on a beautiful island. I have competed on the south side a handful of times. Even managed to shag an age group World Title there. They now have moved the race to the still(and maybe more) beautiful North side of Kanapali. I like racing new venues.
Bumped into a buddy of mine at the 99cent store a few days ago. Scott will have run every Rock and Roll Marathon in the states, in one year, finishing with Phoenix in a few weeks. He inquired on my plans for 2012. I told him I was hungry for some big races. The Xterra Series culminating with World Championships in Hawaii next October for the big show.

"Cool Dave. You miss Xterra. Xterra misses you. Go see what you can do" (thanx Scott:)

No comments:

Post a Comment