Sunday, March 7, 2010

Epic Yucca's!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I was entered in the 2009 Desert Triathlon on a comp from friend and race director Greg Klein. I knew my leg's would be flat that day as I was in the Vision Quest 56 mile mountain bike race the day before. But so what. But what I did not know is that I would have to pass on participating in the tri Sunday due to a busted clavicle on Saturday. A clavicle busted into 2 different zip codes. Busted @ mile 52 after all the 12000' elevation gain had been banked. Exactly 365 day's ago today.
We went on line to enter the 2010 Desert Triathlon a few week's ago. Only to read: SOLD OUT! Ah, man, I wanted to race this. In a big way. I knew it was one year to the date since I taco'd my collarbone. A phone call to Greg probably would have opened a door. Just not something I'm going to do. So Jodi chose to work this weekend as a visiting nurse. And I headed out to our Tiki Shack. It's about 20 miles from the race site. And I rode. Rode long. Rode the mountain bike. Rode from Desert Hot Springs to Yucca Valley, off road, 24 miles out and up. Then flipped it @ Yucca and descended 24 back. It was awesome. On all accounts: Physically, mentally, emotionally. I returned stoked and still am. 365 days to the day of my busting my too long healing collarbone.
Our clinic's are filling up. Don't wait too long like we did for this race and miss the boat. And our prices? About 1/2 the cost of most race entry's today. And you get four hours. A four hour's like mine today: That will leave you stoked, excited and wanting more.................

No comments:

Post a Comment