Sunday, September 29, 2013

Triple Crown Series race # 1 @ Bonelli Park this a.m.

Six Hour Endurance race two weeks ago @ Bonelli for Jodi and I. First race of the Triple Crown this morning again there. Now the first race of Los Angeles Triathlon Series next weekend @ Bonelli too. That Makes a Bonelli sandwich.

Good friend Pavel came out last night and he, Jodi and I had some good laughs at dinner. I thought it best being they included the some what gnarley rock garden  descent maybe Jodi sit this one out. Her decision. I think she made the right one. Some carnage on that section today.

 Corey from Coates Cyclery donated huge for the raffles. People were stoked. Heck wish I would have won something. Al and Omar did what they do: Put on a great event. Big names and teams showed up. Tinker Juarez winning over all. Pavel 2nd in Cat2 division (formerly sport div.) I was very stoked with 3rd Cat 1 division (formerly expert div.) Racing Cat 1 you are guaranteed an extra lap or two. That and monster competition. Team Platinum Cycling/Sho Air were everywhere. The two finishing ahead of me were and I know there  were some close behind. Big team and from what I experienced nice (and damn fast) guys. Their high end Specialized steeds were everywhere. The other Sho Air team were racing Cannondales. Guaranteed you see them wearing the team kit with the team bike they would be hauling ass.
       Safe to say Pavel and I were the only two sporting Kona bikes out there today. And safe to say the only two from Coates Bicycles. Podium for both in the mostly one-dimensional mountain bike racers' arena.
Not bad for a couple mature multi sport triathletes..........................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment