Sunday, September 15, 2013

Saturday Suffer-fest

 Al and Omar put on a spectacular event. The turnout was much larger than they anticipated. That's a good thing and they deserve it.  My guess is 3/4's of the field raced team category. I do not know which would be tougher: Scaling back 25% effort and see how many laps you can do in 6 hours solo. Or team up and race it like a freakin' time trial. We learned  fast from the other teams that the transition wrist band / hand off/  delivery is done on- the- fly.
     We completed 10 laps. Jodi was the star on this one. Competition was stupid hard. (that's me whining right now). Pin it, red line it, WFO every lap. In lovely 100 degree Inland Empire weather. You can see the salt deposits on Jodi's kit. Salt I would liked to have had mid into my 4th lap. 
I love this shot of her closing in and soon passing this fellow young competitor. Hooks up on his wheel and then taking the inside on the corner. The other pic would be me. Suffering. But then so was everybody else. 
          We took first place Expert coed team. Narrowly. Battle from the start to finish. And this one is all credit to Jodi. I was damage control when the temp hit triple digits. Cramps suck. But this race and everyone in it didn't. Great atmosphere. Great sportsmanship. Great event. Thanks to all who volunteered. See you next year. With some extra sodium.
            
  



No comments:

Post a Comment