Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Furnace Creek 508!!

Wow. Furnace Creek 508 just a few weeks away!! Mojave desert, Death Valley, 10 mountain passes, over 36000' elevation gain, Amboy, Kelso, Baker, Twentynine Palms. They call this race "The Toughest 48 hours of Sport".
        I just dug up a couple of buried away photo's. The street sign? Kelbaker road. Right smack out in the middle of no mans land. It is thee the 508 course but backwards. I have ridden it several times on our epic Palm Springs to Baker ride. Typically myself and at most three others. The roads are desolate. The roads are rough. The scenery is off the charts. The traffic was always minimal. There are long big climbs and long descents. I have only ridden it going the opposite direction of the upcoming FC 508 race. I have never ridden it in the pitch black dark of the desert night. But that is soon to change..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment