Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kevin Unck gone but never forgotten


One of the nicest guys on the planet. One of the most passionate cyclist on the planet. A Coates Team Rider for many, many years. Kept getting stronger and faster each year. Had a houseful of high end bicycles, many rescued dogs (he could bring a different one into the shop M-F day and the love and care he gave was evident). A beautiful and wonderful wife. I knew Kevin and Liesel all the way back from the early 90's when we all lived/trained/raced in the Palm Springs area. Then we became reaquainted here in La Verne/Claremont thru Coates Bicycles. Kevin died today from complications due to a crash on Glendora Mountain Road. We are in shock. I am sure everyone that knew him is. A very, very sad day. You will be dearly missed Kevin Unck.

4 comments:

  1. I always looked forward when riding with Kevin on Team and local rides. Couldn't Be around a nicer Guy. I will Miss Him dearly.
    Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Unck Memorial Ride

    http://www.cyclingconnection.org/Kevin_Unck.html

    Saturday January 22 at 8:00 AM

    It’s A Grind Coffee House - Day Creek & Baseline
    7325 Day Creek Blvd., Suite 103
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

    This Saturday's Grind Ride will be a Memorial ride in honor of Kevin Unck. Please spread the word and save the date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just learned of Kevin's untimely passing today. Kevin was my youngest cousin, but I have not seen him a quite a few years. I am like the rest of you- in shock. His father, Brian, is very upset, since Kevin was his only son. Kevin had a younger sister, Autumn, who is now their only surviving child. (Just as a side note, I also lost a 21 year-old child (my youngest daughter) on Xmas Eve of '04, so I think I know how Brian must be feeling about now.)

    Kevin was a man who was so full of life, and now his life will live-on in thousands of photographs, autographs, constant memories of his incessant smile, and huge heart. We will miss you, Kev...

    Bob McKay
    Chatsworth, CA

    ReplyDelete