Sunday, April 25, 2010

Xterra West Championships


Drove out yesterday to Lake Las Vegas for Xterra West Championships. Been 5 years since I'd raced an Xterra Championship race. The course was, typical Xterra fashion, gnarly. I went hard on the bike. Began run and was told 2nd in age, 1st one minute ahead. I was a happy camper. I've been running our hilly trails hard here in Marshall Canyon and this was no different. Then disaster struck. My entire right quad seized and cramped up as hard as a rock twice it's size. My race ended there. After the quad, my left hamstring felt neglected and decided to blow too. Incapacitated. Could not move. I was no longer happy. Having never DNF'd, I could have easily talked myself into it, but soldiered on and trotted/cramped/limped a very slow run. Dang it. I know this is part of racing. I just wish it wasn't today!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment